Posts Tagged ‘AEROSMITH’

Joe Perry says Steven Tyler has Quit Aerosmith?

November 11, 2009

steven

In an interview with the Las Vegas Sun, guitarist Joe Perry says that Steven Tyler has quit Aerosmith, supporting recent rumors that the band has been considering replacing its lead singer.”Steven quit as far as I can tell,” Perry told the Sun, speaking from his home in Boston following the band’s recent return from a performance in Abu Dhabi. “I don’t know anymore than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don’t know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don’t know.” He added that Tyler does not return his phone calls.

Tyler has suffered illness and injury this year, most notably pulling a leg muscle and, in a separate incident, falling off stage during a concert in South Dakota in August, which resulted in a broken shoulder. Both mishaps forced the band to cancel several summer tour dates.Joe Perry was vocally frustrated about the situation, taking to the media and his Twitter account.”I was pretty (upset),” he told the Associated Press in September, “because right before [the accident], he had pulled a muscle in his leg. And we had to take two weeks off and we missed probably seven dates.” He added that he hadn’t talked to Tyler in over five weeks. “All I know is he’s got to get his act together. I mean, he and I haven’t written a song together alone in the same room in over 10 years, so there’s been some changes in paradigm of what Aerosmith is.”Last year, Tyler checked himself into a rehab facility for drug dependency and what he called the side effects of foot surgery. “I just put the brakes on and checked into detox and just pulled the plug on all of it,” he said in an June 2008 interview.

2009 was looking up for the band, with a lengthy world tour scheduled, but Tyler wasn’t the only one with health issues: guitarist Brad Whitford suffered a burst blood vessel, and surgery forced him to sit out some of the summer’s U.S. dates.Following the eventful summer, Tyler declared he would not be leaving the band, though Perry suggested the move has been a long time coming. Last week, after the concert in Abu Dhabi, the singer suggested he would be focusing more on a solo career in the future.”I don’t know what I’m doing yet, but it’s definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself — Brand Tyler,” he told Classic Rock magazine.Meanwhile, Perry says he wants to keep Aerosmith alive. “Aerosmith is such a powerful band, I mean it’s like a steam locomotive. You just can’t disregard 40 years of four guys who play together as well as they do. We’re just trying to — at least I am — trying to figure out what direction the band should take,” he told the Sun.

On replacing Tyler, Perry said it’s “not just about that, it’s also four guys that play extremely well together, and I’m not going to see that go to waste … we’ll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we’ll be able to move the Aerosmith up a notch, move the vibe up a notch.”Perry later admitted the he won’t appreciate a Steven Tyler stand-in. “We’ve talked about getting someone else to sing in the band … but it can’t be Aerosmith; at least not the Aerosmith that we know.” Revealing that the band has an album’s worth of material they have yet to record, Perry continues, “I don’t know … We’ve really just kind of got knocked back on our heels, and everybody is just kind of settling back and figuring out what’s going on.”

We at soundbite news hopes that Aerosmith will be back in the saddle again very soon.

Credits: Spinner.com 
Article by Liz Colville

Advertisements

The latest Headlining Tour News

September 25, 2009

 

 

aerosmith20078

The summer is indeed over but that don’t mean the fun has to stop.Here’s a few soundbites of the latest news in the world of touring musicians.We know Aerosmith had to cancel a heap of shows this past summer just when their tour with ZZ Top was giving a bang for your bucks due to Steven Tyler’s stage accident at Sturgis.Well you can no longer dream on because the band is back in the saddle again.it seems this year was’nt the only year the band had to cancel shows. Concert producer Tom Moffatt has announced that Aerosmith is coming to Hawaii next month for two appearances and says Tyler is feeling great and everything is back to normal.The Oct.20 concert at the Maui War Memorial Stadium will help settle a class action lawsuit filed by disappointed fans after the band canceled a sold out concert on Maui in 2007.Lead guitarist Joe Perry in the next coming months will also be touring to promote his second ever solo album.Soundbitenews wishes all the guys in Aersomith the best & look forward to that new Aerosmith CD in 2010. For more news on Aerosmith visit aeroforceone.com & get pumped!

tracylyons

Environmentalist and singer-songwriter, Tracy Lyons, is joining Everclear on several tour dates throughout the month of October. The 11-city tour begins in New York City at the Highline Ballroom on October 5th and concludes October 21st at Showcase Live in Foxboro, MA.To kick off the tour,Lyons’ new single “These Days” is being released from her upcoming album entitled ‘Mercury Rising’ due in early 2010.The new single was written and performed by Tracy,produced by Juno award winner Greg Kavanagh and engineered by Grammy veteran Ed Cherney.Recipient of the 2008 Best Folk/Acoustic Artist Award at the Hollywood Music Awards,Tracy Lyons is preparing her new album as a follow up to her acclaimed 2006 release,”I Will,”which was co produced by Grammy winner KC Porter and Greg Kavanagh.

WNewton

Singer Wayne Newton plans to come back to the Las Vegas Strip to celebrate a 50-year career.Officials for the Tropicana Las Vegas hotel-casino said Wednesday that the 67-year-old “Danke Schoen” crooner plans start a limited run next month.The show, titled “Once Before I Go,” is billed as a look back at Newton’s career and life story.Newton says in a statement that the show is exciting and artistically challenging, and “the kind of show I’ve always wanted to do.”In addition to stints at various Las Vegas casinos, Newton toured Australia in 2006 and also appeared on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.”Welcome back Wayne to Vegas!

6786713

Last but not least,we thought this would be some interesting news to know that,”Cat Stevens” has announced his first tour since 1976.Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens, says this will be his first full tour in 33 years.He is set to play material old and new at the dates,which kick off in Dublin on November 15. A gig in London, at the Royal Albert Hall, has also been announced.He played a show of largely cat stevens songs in London back in May to celebrate the 50th birthday of his label Island Records.”Cat Stevens” which I still prefer to call him will also play material from his new musical,called ‘Moonshadow’,at the gigs.No signs of any dates here in the US,so until then I guess we got our old “Cat Stevens” albums to listen to.

Stay tuned as we release a special Album & Tour announcement very soon.We figured the news needed an article all by its’self.

Credits: Soundbitenews

Man Charged With Killing Famous sound Engineer for ALICE COOPER, QUEENSRŸCHE, NIRVANA Flees to the mountains

September 17, 2009

KinoGomezletter

Kino Michael Gomez Warrant

Download .PDF

Document

OKANOGAN — A Seattle man charged with first-degree murder in a July shooting at a Twisp motel has fled and is sought by police nationwide on a no-bail warrant.

Kino Michael Gomez, 51, wrote his family a “goodbye” letter, telling them he was taking a “one-way trip to the mountains.” He is charged in the shooting death of Tom Pfaeffle, 49, a well-known recording studio artist in Black Diamond and an instructor at the Art Institute of Seattle. The letter — an exhibit in Prosecutor Karl Sloan’s request for an arrest warrant in Okanogan County Superior Court on Monday — states Gomez believes he’s already been condemned by society, and would rather be dead than lose his freedom and his gun rights.

“The media, the bloggers, the police, the justice system, none of whom witnessed the alleged crime, already hung me. … Well, just for spite, I shall deprive society of the circus it so bloody craves — the bearded lady quit!” his letter states. Twisp Police Chief Rick Balam said law enforcement agencies across the country have been notified, and are warned that he could be armed and violent. Gomez’s letter says he took his guns, and adds, “It will be quick and painless. Let no one get in my way — I will not be very kind. Despair has now changed to anger.” He also apologizes to his family for the embarrassment and financial burden. Sloan’s request for a warrant states he was notified Monday by Gomez’s defense lawyer, Michael Haas, that Gomez had sent a letter to family members indicating he planned to commit suicide, and Haas believed the threats were credible. Superior Court Judge Jack Burchard approved Monday the warrant, which revokes Gomez’s pretrial release.

Gomez was released from the Okanogan County Jail on July 30 after spending nearly two weeks in jail. His family paid the full $100,000 bail. Prosecutors had sought a $500,000 bail, according to the request for a warrant. He was scheduled to attend his next hearing in Okanogan County Superior Court on Thursday. “We have no idea at all where he is,” Balam said. Gomez was arrested on Aug. 14 at the Blue Spruce Motel in Twisp after Pfaeffle, another guest, was shot outside his room. Police say Tom Pfaeffle had just checked in to the Blue Spruce Motel at about 10:45 p.m. He had a room key for Room 8, but he was mistakenly trying his key in Room 7 when Gomez fired a .40-caliber Glock 27 handgun through the door. Pfaeffle was hit once on his right side, just below his armpit, according to Balam. He died two hours later at Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak.

Two other shots were fired, including one that went into the neighboring room, where another guest was in bed. The man was not hurt, although the lead from the bullet landed next to him on the bed, a police report said. The report by Twisp Police Officer Ty Sheehan filed with the charges also stated Gomez talked to police the night of the shooting, telling them that he did not do anything wrong. He said he awoke to hear someone breaking into his room, saw a silhouette of someone and responded “like it was automatic” by shooting the person breaking in, the report said. He also told police he carried dual Glock 27s in a holster he wore to bed. His lawyer, Haas, said previously that the door was open when Gomez fired the weapon. He declined to comment Tuesday about Gomez’s disappearance.

Credits: blabbermouth.com

Click below for video

News Video On shooting